School of Art, Media & Design Technology
Equator College School of Art, Media and Design Technology is a leading provider of education in the fields of art, media, and design. Our programs are designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in these creative industries.
We offer a wide range of courses, from certificate, diploma programs to foundation in design. Our faculty are experienced professionals who are passionate about teaching and sharing their knowledge with students. We also offer a variety of extracurricular activities and events, which help students to develop their creativity and professional skills.
If you are interested in a career in art, media, or design, Equator College School of Art, Media and Design Technology is the perfect place to start your journey. We offer a rigorous and challenging education that will prepare you for success in this exciting field.
Here are some of the key benefits of studying at Equator College School of Art, Media and Design Technology:
1. Accredited programs: Our programs are accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), which ensures that our students receive a high-quality education.
2. Industry-experienced faculty: Our faculty are experienced professionals who are passionate about teaching and sharing their knowledge with students.
3. Variety of courses: We offer a wide range of courses, from diploma programs to bachelor's degrees. This allows students to choose the program that best suits their needs and interests.
4. Extracurricular activities: We offer a variety of extracurricular activities and events, which help students to develop their creativity and professional skills.
5. Modern facilities: We have modern facilities, including computer labs, design studios, and libraries. This allows students to have access to the latest technology and resources.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding education in the arts, media, or design, Equator College School of Art, Media and Design Technology is the perfect place for you. We offer a rigorous and innovative curriculum that will prepare you for success in this exciting field.
This course aims to provide a solid foundation and platform for students to work and explore creatively and innovatively with the intention of creating visual awareness and artistic expressions.
- To instill graduates with knowledge and skills needed to excel and flourish in the art industry.
- To produce ethically holistic graduates with vision, and critical and creative thinking abilities.
- To lead and enhance the development of the art industry to benefit, support and sustain the evolving domestic and global markets.
Diploma in Graphic and Multimedia Design
The Diploma in Graphic and Multimedia Design is constructed for communication in print and digital media. The aim of this course is for students to build up their ability to conceptualise, develop, and execute good and effective graphics in both print and screen-based media.
In this course, students’ learning process is mirrored in the final outcome of projects, and students will gain a better understanding of current trends in graphic and multimedia design by experimenting with a variety of applications and development packages. During the course, students will participate in various design competitions and study trips in order to strengthen their design knowledge and broaden their experience.
R2/0211/4/0042 (30/05/2027) | MQA (A8154)
Mode of Study
Financial Assistance & Scholarship
PTPTN, EPF & Equator College
- Must pass in SPM / UEC / IGCSE/ ‘O’ level with 3 credits; OR
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 and SPM (1 credit); OR
- Other equivalent qualification approved by MOHE.
- Please refer to “List of Entry Qualifications for International Student”; AND
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) A competitive score is 4.0 or higher
Practical and Theory
Internship / Industry Training
12 Weeks/ 3 Months
Diploma in Graphic & Multimedia Design
January / April / August
- 2 Dimensional Design
- Colour Studies
- Basic Photography
- Sketching Workshop
- Basic Computer Graphic
- Illustration Techniques
- Major Discipline
- Minor Discipline
- Conceptual Drawing
- Visual Communication
- Illustration I, II
- Editorial Design
- Packaging Design
- Information Design
- Promotional Design
- Interactive Design
- 3D Computer Graphic I, II
- Motion Graphic
- Sound & Video Editing
- History of Art
- History of Design
- Final Year Project I, II
- Project Report
- Marketing & Management
- English for Designers
- English for Business Communication
- MPU 1, 2, 3, 4
Equator College to offer internationally recognised quality education with a wide latitude of flexibility in its programmes. This means that while achieving a specific qualification designed to equip students for a successful professional life.
Equator’s Diploma programmes are also structured to enable students to progress through one of the most comprehensive undergraduate, and subsequently, postgraduate portfolios that are offered by our international partner universities in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, and Malaysia.
The full-time MQA accredited courses at Equator are recognised by our international university partners where credit transfer are available.
BFA (Hons) in Design and New Media Technology
BA (Hons) in Illustration
Bachelor of Science (Information Communication)
Bachelor of Arts (Information Communication)
Leading the way in creative industries
Ho Lee Ying
Leo Burnett Co. Inc., Malaysia
Lim Chun Woei
Branding & Digital Designer
Chin Khan Khan
Khanta Studio, Malaysia
Star Deer Image, Malaysia
Alpha Guru, Sony Malaysia
W3RK Creative Agency, Malaysia
Interbrand Shanghai, China
Pow Shi Hong
Blue Ocean Network Beijing, China
Founder of DODOO Delivery Apps
Big Stapps Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
G Maker Advertising, Malaysia
YOONG SIN YI
Frontend Developer | GDG George Town Dev Community Builder
Foci Collective, Malaysia
Jummy Chee 徐祖意
Founder of Zoomix
Zoomix Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
Brand Space, Malaysia
Foci Collective, Malaysia
Founder / CEO
Amazing Works Group Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
Pensonic Holdings Berhad, Malaysia