School of Fashion
The Diploma in Fashion Design Technology stresses on the principles of fashion design and the development of ideas from well-explored research.
It provides an understanding of the design processes, researches, and experimental design analyses in addition to grooming students in production and promotional issues.
The area of study includes fashion design and research, pattern-cutting, garment construction, fashion illustration, textile, fashion computer-aided design, fashion styling and photography, fashion marketing and management, history of costume, and industrial placements with designers or with a variety of companies.
Emphasis is given to the development of the students’ creativities. Our lively programme is designed to equip students with market awareness, knowledge, and skills that are needed in this fast-paced, creative industry.
To be a leading creative school in Fashion Design education, producing regional and international industry leaders.
- To instil graduates with knowledge and skills needed to excel and flourish in the fashion industry.
- To produce ethically holistic graduates with vision, and critical and creative thinking abilities.
- To lead and enhance the development of the fashion industry to benefit, support and sustain the evolving domestic and global markets.
Diploma in Fashion Design Technology
KP/JPS (A10976), KPT(R2/0212/4/0095)20241110
Mode of Study
Financial Assistance & Scholarship
PTPTN, EPF & Equator College
- Pass in SPM / UEC / IGCSE/ ‘O’ level with 3 credits; OR
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 and SPM (1 credit); OR
- Other equivalent qualification approved by MOHE.
Practical and Theory
12 Weeks/ 3 Months
Diploma in Fashion Design Technology
January / May / August
Note: Candidates are required to pass a drawing test / portfolio assessment conducted by Equator College to determine their suitability for the course. Applicants are also required to demonstrate proficiency in English, a pass in SPM/O-Levels English or have studied subjects that require a satisfactory level in English. All design students are required to have a laptop by the start of 2nd Semester.
- 2 Dimensional Studies
- Colour Studies
- Basic Photography
- Sketching Workshop
- Basic Computer Graphic
- Illustration Techniques
- Major Discipline
- Minor Discipline
- Detail Sewing Techniques
- Fashion Illustration I, II, III
- Pattern Technology & Construction
- Garment Technology I, II, III
- Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Studies I, II, III, IV
- History of Art
- History of Costume
- Pattern Development & Construction I, II
- Textile Design & Textile Science
- Pattern Grading
- Fashion Styling & Photography
- Professional Practice & Entrepreneurship
- Apparel Management & Productivity Techniques
- Marketing & Management
- English for Designer
- English for Business Communication
- MPU 1, 2, 3, 4
Note: This information in this website is correct at the time of publishing but may be subject to change.
Equator College to offer internationally recognised quality education with a wide latitude of flexibility in its programmes. This means that while achieving a specific qualification designed to equip students for a successful professional life.
Equator’s Diploma programmes are also structured to enable students to progress through one of the most comprehensive undergraduate, and subsequently, postgraduate portfolios that are offered by our international partner universities in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, and Malaysia.
The full-time MQA accredited courses at Equator are recognised by our international university partners where credit transfer are available.
|University of the West of England, UK||BA (Hons) in Fashion Design|
|University of Hertfordshire, UK||BA (Hons) in Fashion Design|
|MingDao University, Taiwan||BA in Fashion Imaging|
|Curtin University of Technology, AUS||BA in Fashion|
|Queensland University of Technology, AUS||BD (Hons) in Fashion|
|Auckland University of Technology, NZ||BD in Fashion Design|
All fashion wears & photos shown are from Equator’s fashion design students.
Leading the way in creative industries