School of Art, Media & Design Technology
This course aims to provide a solid foundation and platform for students to work and explore creatively and innovatively with the intention of creating visual awareness and artistic expressions.
Students are exposed to drawing skills and techniques, colour studies, photography, printmaking, dimensional studies, art theory, and basic computer graphic skills, paving the way to further studies in the art and design fields such as the diploma programmes in Fine Art, Graphic and Multimedia Design, Digital 3D Animation, Fashion Design Technology, Interior Design, and Architectural Technology, all of which are also offered by the College.
To be a leading creative school in art education, producing regional and international industry leaders.
- To instill graduates with knowledge and skills needed to excel and flourish in the art industry.
- To produce ethically holistic graduates with vision, and critical and creative thinking abilities.
- To lead and enhance the development of the art industry to benefit, support and sustain the evolving domestic and global markets.
The Foundation in Design programme offers SPM/SPMV or equivalent school-leavers the opportunity to fulfill higher education plans in the fields of design. This programme offers a balanced curriculum where academic and practical practices are of equal importance. The knowledge of design and basic technical skills aim to sharpen minds and serve as a basis for future studies and careers. Graduates from the Foundation in Design programme are equipped not only with design knowledge but also a sense of community and responsibility. It is the pathway for degree programmes in design or related fields.
MQA/PA12297, JPT (N/0011/3/0193) 20250112
Mode of Study
Practical and Theory
- Pass SPM with credits in 5 subjects; OR
- Pass UEC with grade B in 5 subjects; OR
- Pass ‘O’ LEVEL with grade C in 5 subjects; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government.
Foundation in Design
Jan / May / August
- Drawing I
- 2 Dimensional Design
- Colour Studies
- Basic Photography
- History of Art
- Illustration Technique
- English I
- Sketching Workshop
- Basic Computer Graphic
- 3 Dimensional Design
- Technical Drawing
- One major and one minor from the following subjects
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Introduction to Interior Design
- Introduction to Architecture Design
- Introduction to Fashion Design
- Introduction to Fine Art
- Introduction to Animation
- Drawing II
- Basic Printmaking
- English II